INTERNET PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR GEFCU
GEFCU is committed to protecting the privacy of our membership and others who visit our
website. GEFCU has adopted the following statement for members and others regarding how
GEFCU handles information we may learn about you from your visit to our site or our Online
1. General Website Access: GEFCU does not use information collected to personally identify
name, mailing address or activity on gefcu.org unless contact information is provided by
the user. GEFCU collects, retains and uses general information about our website visitors and
information submitted by our website visitors in order to provide services and support, or carry
out transactions requested; send communications, such as security information, service or
transaction status, information about products and services available from GEFCU and its
affiliates, promotional offers and surveys; customize, analyze and improve our products,
services, content, technologies, communications; otherwise, as disclosed at the point of
collection. Cookies may be used with online banking, for promotional offers or for general
measurement through our service partners but no personally identifiable information will be
2. Service Providers: GEFCU utilizes other service providers for web bill payment service, home
banking and other services. If you sign up to utilize these services, or access these sites through
our website, your domain or address is collected and stored by those service providers. These
service providers may maintain a privacy statement regarding how they collect, store and use
information they learn about you from your visits to their site. GEFCU recommends reading
those privacy statements.
3. Online Services: GEFCU offers online account access. To utilize this system, a member must
sign in using authorized User ID and Password. This system is secure. Members may obtain
personal information and transact financial business, as limited/allowed by the system. GEFCU
collects and stores visit and transaction information regarding visits and transaction to this
system. Transactions performed while on this system are recorded within the account database.
GEFCU may offer through its online services, secure (encrypted) email, once a member is
appropriately signed in to the system. If offered, it provides a secure method of email
4. Email: Personal information forwarded by email from members and others may be used by
GEFCU staff to answer questions, to investigate complaints or suggestions, or to improve services provided. As email may not be secure, it is the policy of GEFCU to encourage members to be cautious and aware regarding sending sensitive account information to the Credit Union via email. It is the policy of GEFCU to not complete financial transaction requests or address changes received via standard email or provide private member account information via email, if that requested transaction type requires the signature of the member per established Credit Union policy.
5. Chat: GEFCU offers chat through our online banking portal and mobile applications. This chat function is encrypted and sensitive information may be sent and/or requested from members that contact GEFCU through this medium.
6. Domain Ownership: GEFCU owns and utilizes two separate web domains (gefcu.org and gefcu-austin.org). GEFCU may use one or both domains during the normal course of business.